[Ambassadors] Need more folks helping at ask fedora

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 11:24:33 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 19:12 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> My suggestion:
>
> 1.let users rate the answers.

Anyone can rate answers. Although I'd prefer we community members did
it. Have you been on askfedora lately? ;)

The issue with users rating answers: they may not know if the answer is
correct! They do mark answers to questions as correct and vote on them,
but it's necessary to have knowledgeable users to maintain the standard
of answers. If you let users help users, I assure you, most systems will
be on fire ;) (If you spend some of your time on #fedora, you'd know!)

It is why I'm requesting more community members, who *use* fedora, and
are *aware* of bugs/issues/solutions to help out: to maintain the
standard of answers at askfedora.

> 2.ask fedora and fedoraforum, I think we should "move" some people to
> here.This may avoid many useless answers.

They are independent forums. fedoraforum is not a fedora community
initiative, so we can't really do that.

> 3.AnswersZapper? How about founding a team focusing on answers and
> rate them?

You don't need a separate team really. The functionality to
rate/vote/comment on answers is built in to askfedora. :)

Thanks for your suggestions Christoph. We need more people paying
attention to askfedora.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,