[Ambassadors] Ohio LinuxFest event page and BoF submissions

Sarah White graphitefriction at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:17:58 UTC 2012

Hello Ambassadors!

The Ohio LinuxFest [1] takes place in Columbus, OH on September 28-30,
2012. Fedora be showing off the Beefy Miraculousness of F17 at our
booth on the exhibition floor, Saturday, September 29th from 8:45 am
to 5:00 pm.

Do you plan to attend OLF?
Would you be interested in helping out at the booth for a short period of time?
Are you conducting a workshop or presenting a talk at OLF?

If you answered yes (or even "I'll go if someone guards my chinchilla
while I'm away") to any of these questions, make sure you visit the
Fedora @ OLF wikipage [2] and add your information under the
appropriate heading(s).

One of those wikipage headings is Ideas/Brainstorming.

Do you have any ideas about what Fedora could do at OLF to increase
outreach, publicity, the fun level, etc.? If so please record your
ideas in the wikipage's brainstorming section or join the NA
ambassadors meeting tonight (Aug 21 at 9:00 pm Eastern in
#fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net) [3]!

One idea I'd like to discuss is if there are any community members
attending OLF who would like to moderate a BoF about Fedora and/or a
topic of interest to the Fedora community and open source community at
large. Do you have a BoF idea that you'd like someone else to submit?
The call for BoFs at OLF is currently open and time slots will be
filled on a first come first considered basis [4].

[1] http://www.ohiolinux.org/
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ohio_Linux_Fest_2012
[3] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2012-August/020156.html
[4] http://www.ohiolinux.org/bofs