[Ambassadors] volunteers for LinuxCon Europe 2012 in Barcelona

Leslie Hawthorn lh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 23 14:25:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com> wrote:
> Leslie Hawthorn píše v St 22. 08. 2012 v 15:46 -0700:
>> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > Hi everyone,
>> > would anyone be willing to represent Fedora Project and have a Fedora
>> > booth at LinuxCon Europe 2012 in Barcelona [1] (the event is held from
>> > Nov 5th to 7th)? This goes especially to Spanish ambassadors since the
>> > event will be in Spain.
>>
>> I am 75% certain I will be attending and would be proud to represent
>> Fedora. My Spanish is decent but I believe that all the talks and most
>> of the discussions are in English so I should not have to embarrass
>> myself or hurt anyone's ears with my poor Spanish.
>
> Great! Would you be willing to become an event owner? We already have a
> few volunteers who'd certainly help you, but no one wants to organize it
> (decorations, swag, free passes for booth staff,...).

I would be happy to take this on with two caveats:

1) I need to confirm with my manager that I will be able to attend. He
is on vacation right now so I will not have an answer to this for
another week or so.

2) I am a new ambassador and have not gone through this process
before, so folks will need to be patient with me.

Cheers,
LH

-----
Leslie Hawthorn