[Ambassadors] [EMEA] To have a static meeting page proposal

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 22 21:42:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,
Tonight at the meeting we started discussing about this topic, keeping
the current process or moving to a simpler one.

Actually, we have our meeting in the following format:
wiki/Meeting:EMEA_Ambassadors_YYYY-MM-DD
with a page template like in [1].

If we move to a single wiki page, like wiki/Meeting:EMEA_Ambassadors, we
could gain some advantages:
- Don't need to look for the meeting URL on the meeting reminder, as it
  would be static
- Easy to check when is going to be the next meeting from the static
  page
- The agenda is not so different each time, we could edit it each time
  to add/remove topics
- We could add a generic link to all our meeting minutes, thanks to
  meetbot. Like in [2]. For this to be efficient, we *need* to name the
meeting exactly the same each time (i.e. #startmeeting EMEA
Ambassadors).
- We could use this static page to link if we setup a cron for our
  reminder (as done on several other teams, like docs). (cron is good!)

The point that Christoph see is when we want to look for special
resolution or subject. Now it is quite easy using a search engine on the
wiki.
But if instead of just sending the logs on the mailing list[3] we also
copy the summary[4], we will only have to look on our mailbox. The
mailing list application[5] will probably help also.

Do you guys see an other advantage to keep ou current process? Or to
move with a static meeting page?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=User:Cwickert/Playground
[2] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/emea_ambassadors/
[3] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2012-February/019053.html