[Ambassadors] SCALE 10X/Event Planning and Emergency FAmNA Meeting on 12/10

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 03:39:04 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Tonight we had our last regularly scheduled FAmNA meeting before SCALE
10X and we haven't seen or approved a budget for this important event.
I have heard bits and pieces on IRC about SCALE planning so I believe
it is going forward but FAmNA really needs to approve a budget if any
funds are being requested. Rather than just not fund it we decided
after tonight's meeting to hold an emergency meeting on 12/10 (next
Tuesday) at the normal time and place for FAmNA meetings to deal with
the SCALE budget. If organizers and/or people going to SCALE on
Fedora's behalf could come and present a reasonably detailed budget
proposal we'd like to help support this event.

For future events we would like to ask that organizers plan budgets
and bring them to a FAmNA meeting well in advance of an event. Doing
this 10 days before an event really isn't the ideal way for us to deal
with event budgets.

Thanks,
John