[Ambassadors] The use of social networks

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:57:31 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am not involved in other social things than the Fedora Planet and
> our mailing lists… So this email is about an idea that I won't resolve
> by myself :).
>
> We just had an IRC discussion about the use of our social network on websites.
> Couldn't we set up a broadcasting service to publish on our official
> Facebook, Google+, identi.ca and Twitter pages?
> Like what is sent through the announce mailing list, or to auto-send
> announce message about the beta availability, the release day…
> Also shooting the release notes link would be great, has people still
> come asking "Is there anybody know where to get the info about the new
> features and capability of fedora 17?" (just this morning on -docs).
>
> There could also be something that I am not aware of..
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Kévin Raymond
> (shaiton)
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

I know there are a couple of G+ pages (not sure if they are 'official'):
https://plus.google.com/112917221531140868607/posts
https://plus.google.com/u/0/110514354576121733241/posts

(The first one only seems to have activity on it).

There is also a twitter feed here:
https://twitter.com/fedora/

I do not know who is responsible for updating to these.

I also just learned of two Facebook groups via Christoph Wickert this morning.

I'm happy to help with these any way I can, if help is needed.

--
-jayson