[Ambassadors] Regional Trac instances (was: FAmSco meeting 2012-03-14 minutes)

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Thu Mar 15 15:05:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 18:01 +1000, Caius Chance wrote:
> On 15 March 2012 17:52, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>         Am Donnerstag, den 15.03.2012, 10:54 +0530 schrieb Buddhike
>         Kurera:
>         > On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 5:01 AM, Christoph Wickert
>         > <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>         >
>         > >  * ACTION: cwickert to find out how manages fedora-apac
>         and
>         > >    fedora-india trac instances  (cwickert, 22:18:21)
>         > >  * https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ is managed by
>         bckurera
>         > >    harishpillay mspevack susmit  (cwickert, 22:20:49)
>         >
>         > Hello
>         >
>         > Last APAC meeting we have discussed about the maintaining a
>         > centralized trac for APAC.
>         > As a result following proposal is drafted[1].
>
>         Ankur already filed a ticket about this at
>         https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/268
>
>         While I like the idea I wonder how the actual merge will be
>         done. It's
>         quite a lot of work and I am not sure it's worth the effort.
>

> For the APAC - India instances: I reckon APAC should be merged into
> India instance, then rename India instance into APAC.
>

> There are hundreds of  tickets in fedora-india (included closed)
> compared to under 20 in fedora-apac. However, I am not sure even if
> merging is possible?

I do not know if we Europeans think different, but this sounds like
"shooting a bird with a canon" to me!

Honestly, if there are _less than 20_ tickets in APAC trac, I think they
should be merged into the India trac _manually_!
Why make it so complicated and make some program code to automatize
something what is used "one time only" when manual work takes less than
an hour? -> it's less than 20 tickets after all!!!

Why shouldn't you just:

-close APAC trac (so no new tickets are allowed)
-rename India to APAC
-make all necessary routings so new tickets goes into the same
"India" (=new APAC) trac
-manually insert old APAC tickets again into the "India" (=new APAC)
trac

Job done.

..sorry to interfere into this from other side of the world :-)

--
Jukka