[Ambassadors] Logs for Fedora APAC Ambassadors meeting May 5 2012

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon May 7 09:18:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 10:47 +0200, Kévin Raymond wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Isn't Indonesia in your Region?

Oh! Is it now?

> I can't see anything about the current conflict[1].

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* FranciscoD (207)
* tuanta (129)
* bckurera (102)
* dramsey (83)
* maktrix (26)
* zodbot (24)
* kaio_ph (21)
* inode0 (12)
* MavJS (9)
* liznevada (5)
* harish (2)
* MavJs (0)

Do you see any of the people involved in the conflict listed here? What
would you have us do? Talk about it in their absence and take a
decision? Who implements this decision? Us?

> This is not your country, therefore you don't feel concerned?
> Really weird.

With all due respect, I do not appreciate you making snide, negative
remarks to anyone in the community. "Please be excellent to each other",
not "Please be snide to each other" remember?

> Ok, this is more famsco related, but they don't act neither.

Ah, you realize. Let me clarfiy: it's more internal bickering than an
Ambassadors issue. Until the two parties sit down and come to a
decision, nothing that you, me, APAC or FAmSCo say makes any difference.
Why would you prefer to have the entire community talking about it when
it isn't the least constructive? I trust you read Tristan's email[1]?
John spelt out the solution precisely[2] too.

I'm sorry. There are already too many TV serials[3] in India based on
domestic tussles for power. I'm not going to contribute to a 'conflict'
to make a live one in the fedora community.

I request people to not fuel the fire by asking more people for
"comments"/"solutions"/"resolutions". I know the Indonesian community is
in a bit of a scrape, but I trust them to resolve it themselves, without
Tom, Dick and Harry, running in and screaming randomly.

This is my first and last email about the matter. I support the
Indonesia community whole heartedly. I will give them all the help they
ask of me. I will NOT participate in moshing[4] to make the matter
worse.

[1]
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2012-May/019524.html

[2]