[Ambassadors] Beefy Miracles at SELF

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu May 31 17:38:22 UTC 2012

Okay, just to bring some folks up to date on the Hot Dog situation at SELF:

(And please note: Ruth Suehle is copied on here, as she's been helping
to wrangle a lot of this, and she's applying to ambassadors - so she's
not on this list quite yet, hence the copying)

* We have procured a vendor for vendorizing beefy miracles at SELF via a
hot dog cart, at the park directly across the street. They're coming at
12:30 on saturday, during lunch, and they'll be serving up to 280 hot
dog "meals" (soda/chips/dogs).

* Ruth has created a flyer that we can either (a) give out at the booth,
but i suspect we'll have low traffic prior to lunch, or that we can have
put into bags at the conference.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Beefy-flyer-single.pdf

Thoughts/comments welcome - we probably need to order them in the day or so.

I know there was some discussion on "how to decide who gets it" - the
text in the card could be determined by that - honestly, I suspect that
with 280 lunches we probably won't run out, not everyone will want to
stand in line, etc. - but we probably want to have people show badges so
that we're not just giving out food to whoever is in teh vicinity of the
park. But, happy to hear alternative ideas; again, I'm just not sure
that we'd get enough tickets out to people by mid-day on saturday, when
folks tend to be in conference-mode all morning.

* A human-sized stand-up Beefy Miracle will be available for photos and
such, he has been ordered and will be shipped either to Ruth in raleigh
or directly to the conference.

Questions, comments, etc?

-robyn