[Ambassadors] New Trojan Threatens Mac OS X, Linux Machines

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Sun Sep 2 08:19:07 UTC 2012

On 02/09/12 03:04, Danishka Navin wrote:
> Is this true? (for Linux)
> http://news.efytimes.com/e1/89929/New-Trojan-Threatens-Mac-OS-X-Linux-Machines
>
> Btw, I could not find any source other than this.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Danishka Navin
> http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/

If it is, it just reinforces that you cannot rely on anything for
security, because there is no such thing as a secure system, as long as
us filthy useless humans write code. Nobody in the linux community ever
made such promises any way.

Just keep updated, install and run clamav every so often, maybe install
and configure tripwire/aide, do not download dodgy stuff, follow and
click random dodgy links. Same applies to any other operating system really.

Compared to many other systems, GNU operating systems can still have
issues, but far less, and if they do the issue is fixed much quicker.

Not much else to say really apart from Keep Calm and carry on!

Regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org