[Ambassadors] Next FUDCon in APAC - Change of Process?

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Fri Sep 28 03:24:51 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Hi bckurera et all,

> This year (2012) we had two candidates, they did lot of work and but
> finally one country has elected/ selected to host the event. In that
> time we were discussing to eliminate the bidding or make it simple.
> Since the effort is total waste in some way. Therefore I think if
> there is change of process we need to discuss it now and get it fixed
> before starting who host next FUDCon.

I personally prefer the current process by reasons:

1. Teams/Cities can raise the sense of initiative themselves. Once they
prepare and propose their bids, they show how active they are.

2. If there are some competitions, preparation would be better and we
face to have a better event.

3. We are a FOSS community. Voting process can keep our democracy. We
can not discuss in a small group to decide who will have chance at a
moment to contribute to Fedora.

Beside that, preparing for everything before proposing bid is also a
good way to increase their contributions to Fedora and FOSS in general.
It's not waste at all.

Kind regards,
Tuan