[Ambassadors] [Report] Fedora 18 Release Party Klaten, Indonesia

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:52:44 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

Arifiauo great report and questions!!!  :)

Photos, too.  ;)

Positive Fedora energy to all.  :)

-David-

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 03:40:11 +0700
From: arifiauo at fedoraproject.org
To: ambassadors at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: [Ambassadors] [Report] Fedora 18 Release Party Klaten, Indonesia

On 3 February 2013, at Lumintu. It has been successfully held Fedora 18 release party Klaten. The event was organized by me and Rizal Prasetya. KPLI Klaten,
 Mr. Suwondo aka “Mbah Suro Dhemit” and some friends also helped the
proceedings. Events are planned in the Pancingan 1000 changed to Lumintu
 because on that day there is an order from the other party without the
knowledge of my approval. The event begins at 01:00 pm and was attended
by almost 60 participants, from various regions Karanganyar, Klaten,
Madura, Sukoharjo, Surakarta, Yogyakarta. The party started with the
material of the new features Fedora 18. After that, followed by Mbah
Suro with Fedora introduction for beginners and also discuss the open
source community in the area around Klaten. In the party we give away 50
 DVD Fedora 18, Fedora 55 Pin and some gifts.
Most had never used Fedora, and
first-time participants Fedora release party. Linux distro on average
they already know is Ubuntu and Mint. Various responses we get when the
party. But overall it can be concluded that they are interested in
Fedora and the community. Many questions arise, such as:
What is UEFI?How to contribute to the Fedora Project?Are there local Fedora community?Where is the information center of the Fedora Indonesia Community?
How to flash android device in Fedora?Why there are some communities in the name of Fedora Indonesia Community?How to use a modem that is not in accordance with Fedora?How the steps to become an ambassador?

Currently Fedora users in Klaten already
 registered with this party. It would be easier if there was a
program/event Fedora for the future. Because of the long discussion
session, the installation session had to do on their own time. There
were some participants who immediately wants to be a contributor Fedora,
 then I point them to http://join.fedoraproject.org . I think this is a
good start for Fedora Klaten area, and also the participants from
Yogyakarta area very excited to establish the local Fedora community.
The party was also the inspiration for the younger generation about the
world of open source. The party then we finish off with a meal together
and take pictures together at 04:00 pm.
For all photos can be viewed at here