[Ambassadors] Fwd: Fwd: Community programs analysis

Heherson Pagcaliwagan herson at azneita.org
Sat Jan 12 03:39:22 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM, John T. Rose <rose at iastate.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> fyi - maybe something to learn from how we reflect to others who look on
>> us from outside
>
> Very interesting reading. Thanks Joerg!
>
> There is a lot of stuff missed about the Fedora Ambassador community
> but given what are I think valid criticisms about our emphasis on the
> fairly barbaric medium of a wiki for information I'm not surprised a
> lot can be missed by doing research from the outside looking in.
>
> What do people think? Should we push for a more polished presentation?
> I am thinking about an actual website presence? I understand managing
> that is much much harder but I also think it might be worth the
> effort.
>
> John

The ones that stood out for me are the emphasis on teams and swag
production and presenting all of these in a fun and engaging way.

I think we have something like a polished presentation already -
http://fedoracommunity.org/ - although it's under a different brand,
fedora community instead of fedora ambassadors. We have something
social too - planet.fedoraproject.org.