[Ambassadors] REMINDER: EMEA meeting 2013-01-16

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 18:09:14 UTC 2013

Hello Christos,
thank you for stepping up!

Others,
please take this as a reminder! There will be a regular emea meeting run
by Christos (cmpahar) tomorrow. You can find the agenda here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:EMEA_Ambassadors_2013-01-16

I won't be present, so I'd like to say three important messages now:
- we have a problem with F18 media. They're not UEFI-enabled, so they
won't boot on new computers without BIOS. Spot is currently working hard
to fix it and I hope the ISOs will be available by the end of this week.
Anyway, it should have already been in production, so it's already
delayed.
- F18 media will be available a bit later than planned, but you can
already start asking for swag for F18 release parties and the whole
release cycle (check out the emea inventory, I've got some cool stuff
for you this time). To ask for swag, create a ticket in our emea trac.
- I and Christoph are working on a budget for the fiscal year 2014
(March 2013-February 2014). We have to submit the final version by Jan
28th. Please go through the budget
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EMEA/Budget ) and if you
know you'll need money for something that is not included in the budget
(event, whatever), let me or Christoph know asap. Once the budget is
submitted, it will be much more difficult to find money for something
that is not in it.

Have a nice meeting and enjoy a fresh spherical cow ;)

Jiri