[Ambassadors] [EMEA] Media, swag and events: small update please?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 20:03:59 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, den 29.01.2013, 11:26 +0100 schrieb Kévin Raymond:

> - First of all, Christoph asked me 2 weeks ago our budget needs for
> the Solution Linux event. That would be approx 250€ in transportation
> (train for about 2 contributors). Should I open a Trac ticket for
> that, before the event? More generaly, for any event, should we fill a
> budget request 2 months before? 3?

No, this was just for planning, because we are supposed to make an
annual budget. If you just need money for an event, it we don't need
that much time in advance.

250 EUR is not that much, I suggest that people just pay for their stuff
and file tickets for reimbursement later. If possible, we should pay the
money directly to the people who spent it and not to the NPO (remember
the hassle about FUDCon?)

> - Then, what about F18 media? I haven't read any news for months now,
> haven't seen any quantity request... What is going on? I am sure that
> I missed that, and I feel sorry about that. I feel also sorry about
> our community as I am sure they were counting on me...
>
> - What about swag? We spoke about many things at past FUDCon, and
> there where some mugs, caps... Do EMEA ordered some?

For swag and media, file tickets. Jiri will deal with most of them.

Kind regards,
Christoph