[Ambassadors] Fedora-Women Plans

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Tue May 28 03:35:11 UTC 2013

,
> We'll love to support you. How about you make some concrete suggestions
> on what you think we should do?

Normally my responses would be extremely concrete, but here
I had to get possible specs and approaches of locale specific bodies
discussed first.
Just because I know how the state of affairs is does not mean that I
can rush with concrete plans.

> The one actual action item from the entire thread seems to be:
>
> - Package software that can be used by NGOs etc. and maybe make a spin
> these bodies can use.
> I don't see what's keeping this.

Specs are never that simple and in this case the rationale, content,
UI all need to be discussed first.
If people do not understand the dynamics of different feminist
movements then they will not be able to understand the rationale.

More of this are in a thread on 'Ubuntu Feminism Edition' at
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/wfs-india/CDQjeYvCqys
 My original post in this thread was far less specific.

A spin in Fedora with Fedora branding apparently has more restrictions involved.

> If you're already compiling them from
> source like you've mentioned, why not make an rpm instead and make it
> easier for yourself and others?

I did not mean that particular s/w under discussion,

> What else?
>
> Can I please request you to stick to a problem and solution format? You
> should focus on specific issues and how they can be handled so it's easy
> for the entire community to understand and then think about.

Fine, the other thing that got mixed was the revival of Fedora-women
and related concrete plans at the local level :)

But all these are linked.

I will post the final specs (with limited sociological rationale) soon.

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani