[Ambassadors] Fw: North America Fedora Linux LUG

Thibault North tnorth at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 26 08:33:11 UTC 2015

Hi Leslie,

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Leslie S Satenstein
<lsatenstein at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Thibault
>
> I've been a Fedora user since 2005, when it was known as core.  I have been
> mentioning that I would like to organize a Fedora event in the Montreal
> area.
>
> Given Nov 7th is the F23 release date, we could arrange a release party with
> Martial Bigras (who olds a monthly meeting at ETS).
>
> I was thinking that at the release party, I could present Fedora23 or a
> Gnome Remix of Fedora23, as a LibreOffice iimpress file (a power point ) and
> hand out some DVDs.
>
> Joerg Simon suggested I contact one of the Canadian Ambassadors (you).  I
> could also put my name down as an ambassador.
>
> I graduated nearly 50 years ago, but I still do design and coding. (Its a
> way to keep the brain rust away). I've never missed a Fedora version since
> year 2005. I do have a passion for Fedora, and one or two Remixes.
>
> I am in Montreal.  I actually think that Montreal Quebec would be a great
> site for a next annual Fedora major event. My justification is -- great
> schools, multi-lingualism, low dollar, low cost hotels/ dorms dorms/ great
> affordable restaurants / No crime/ and more advantages.  If a Fedora meetup
> were to be held in winter, there is skiing close by.  In summer, Montreal
> and Quebec City  would be a wonderful place to take a tourist vacation.
>
> The Ambassador posting on Fedora site indicated that you were the only
> Montrealer around. JP, who I had met in the past, is living in Quebec City.
>
> Please respond with  North America Fedora Linux LUG (my email filter to
> isolate Fedora related emails)
>
> Regards
>
>  Leslie
> Mr. Leslie Satenstein
> Montréal Québec, Canada

Thanks for your e-mail, and glad to hear that you are willing to plan
a Fedora event in Montreal!
It sounds like a nice idea, and Montreal indeed has these nice
advantages, but surprisingly the Fedora community there is quite small
there.

Unfortunately, I no longer live in Montreal since I graduated last
year, I am now located in Switzerland again.
I therefore apologize for not having updated my Fedora wiki page (will
do). The last year has been pretty busy, and I haven't had much time
to contribute to Fedora lately, although I still am a happy user.

I hope you can find enough support locally with the Linux Meetup group
to set up an event!

Kind regards,
Thibault
PS: Ping Joerg, nice to hear from you again!