Recent Bugzilla Comment Concerning Fedora 11 EOL

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 21:15:44 UTC 2010

All open Fedora 11 bugs recently received a comment warning about the
upcoming end of life for Fedora 11.  This email serves as correction to
part of that notification.

Due to an error on my part this warning was sent out earlier than it
should have been.  The statement "Approximately 30 (thirty) days from
now Fedora will stop maintaining and issuing updates for Fedora 11..."
is incorrect.  The end of life (EOL) for Fedora 11 will be June 18,
2010, which is thirty days after the release of Fedora 13, currently
scheduled for May 18, 2010.  When Fedora 11 reaches EOL at that time,
bugs open for Fedora 11 will be closed as previously described.

For more information on Fedora's policy for maintenance of our releases,
please refer to:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LifeCycle#Maintenance_Schedule

My apologies for any inconvenience or confusion this error may have caused.

John