Fedora Project Contributor Agreement Draft Revision Posted (Replacement for Fedora Individual Contributor License Agreement)

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri May 28 18:35:40 UTC 2010

Hi Fedora!

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on the Fedora Project
Contributor Agreement (FPCA). We listened to your concerns, and have
amended the draft slightly.

Here are the key changes that we've made:

1) We removed undefined references to "free".

2) We replaced the term "electronic" with "digital".

3) Most importantly, we made several changes to explicitly address the
problem of reuse of default-licensed CC-BY-SA content within
GPL-covered works. (Basically, we added a GPL exception.)

The full text of the revised FPCA, along with a FAQ, can be found here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Revised_Fedora_CLA_Draft

Fedora Legal wishes to give the Fedora community a window of time for
discussion and review of the revised FPCA. Due to the fact that the
changes are relatively minor, and the original draft has been open for
comments for some time now, this second window is open until June 4,
2010 (2010-06-04). After that point, either another revised FPCA will be
released for review, or we will begin the process of phasing in the FPCA
and phasing out the Fedora ICLA.

Thanks in advance,

Tom "spot" Callaway, Fedora Legal