Election Results: Fedora Board, FAmSCo, and FESCo

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 6 02:32:43 UTC 2011

The latest round of Fedora Elections has concluded, and I am pleased
to announce the results for elected seats on the Fedora Board and
FESCo and FAmSCo.  The results are as follows:

Fedora Board
-------------------
There were two open seats on the Fedora Board this election cycle. A
total of 224 ballots were cast.  Due to the system of range voting
that we use in Fedora elections, this means that each of the four
candidates could receive up to 896 votes (224 ballots multiplied by
four candidates).

Votes | Candidate
----------------------
 638 | Jaroslav Reznik
 557 | Christoph Wickert
------------
 334 | Larry Cafiero
 228 | Robert 'Bob' Jensen

The two candidates receiving the most votes were Jaroslav and
Christoph.  I'd like to welcome Christoph to the Fedora Board, and
welcome Jaroslav back for a second term.  Both Jaroslav and Christoph
will server for a one-year term.

* * * * * * * * *

FAmSCo
--------
All seven seats on FAmSCo were up for re-election this cycle.  There
were a total of 104 ballots cast in the FAmSCo election.  Each of the
eleven candidates could receive up to 1144 votes (104 ballots
multiplied by eleven candidates).

Votes | Candidate
----------------------
 615 | Christoph Wickert
 591 | Neville A. Cross
 534 | Igor Soares
 439 | Clint Savage
 377 | Zoltan Hoppar
 348 | Gerard Braad
 339 | Caius Chance
----------------------
 287 | Truong Anh Tuan
 243 | Shakthi Kannan
 236 | Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera
 132 | Rejaul Islam

Let me be the first to welcome Christoph, Neville, Igor, Clint,
Zoltan, Geraard, and Caius to the new Fedora Ambassadors Steering
Committee.

* * * * * * * * *

FESCo
--------
There were four FESCo seats up for election this cycle.  A total of
225 ballots were cast in the FESCo election.  Each of the six
candidates could receive up to 1350 votes (225 ballots multiplied by
six candidates).

Votes | Candidate
----------------------
 778 | Marcela Mašláňová
 773 | Miloslav Trmač
 642 | Matthew Garrett
 526 | Jon Ciesla
--------------------
 454 | Justin M. Forbes
 358 | John Dulaney

The top four candidates were Marcela, Miroslav, Matthew, and Jon. Each
will server a full two-term position on the Fedora Engineering
Steering committee.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have
previously served on the Fedora Board or FAmSCo or FESCo for their
hard work and perseverance.  I'd also like to thank all the candidates
and volunteers who participated in this round of elections.  I look
forward to working with each of these people as we strive to make
Fedora better over the months and years ahead.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader