Please join us for Flock, the Fedora Project's contributor conference.

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Tue May 7 01:27:51 UTC 2013

For eight years, Fedora users and developers have gathered at regional
events named for them, the Fedora Users and Developers conference
(FUDCon). But we’ve grown, and it’s time for a new approach: Flock.

Flock will bring together the global Fedora communities for three days
of scheduled content with one optional day at the end for open hacking.
Unlike the barcamp style we've used in the past for FUDCon, Flock will
accept submissions in advance for talks, hackfests, sprints, and
workshops. The schedule will be built based on the community's votes on
those submissions.

Dates: August 9-12, 2013
Location: College of Charleston (Charleston, SC, USA)
Website: flocktofedora.org

Pre-registration is now open! (See the "Register" link on the website.)
Please be sure to indicate when you register whether you need flight or
hotel funding to attend. Priority will be given to Fedora contributors
who are presenting (or leading a hackfest/workshop/sprint).

And to that, the call for talks is also now open. Submissions should be
for one of the following:
* Talk (45 minutes)
* Hackfest (2 hours)
* Workshop (2 hours)
* Sprint (2 hours)

You may submit as many topics as you feel qualified to deliver.
Suggested topics include but are in no way limited to:
* ARM
* Cloud
* Community
* Design
* Desktop
* Fedora Ambassadors
* Fonts
* Games
* Infrastructure
* Marketing
* Open hardware
* QA
* Security
* Special Interest Groups

Ready to submit a talk? Go to
http://flock-lmacken.rhcloud.com/submit_proposal. All submissions must
be received by May 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

I hope to see many of you there.

Cheers,

-robyn.