[ANZ] Fedora issues

Marc Wiriadisastra mwiriadi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 00:24:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I can't answer your first question as I have never tried it. I would think
most linux video drivers are problematic at the moment but will improve
over time. They have improved immensely from when I first started in Fedora
1.

In respect of the printer driver apparently everything I've read about it
says that the printer should work fine. Have you downloaded the correct
driver from the following website?

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html

Thanks,

Marc

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Mohammad Hajarat <m.hajarat at lycos.com>wrote:

> Good day Fello Fedorians;
>   I am impressed with Fedora. I like how it looks and how it works.
> However I have a couple of issues with it, up till now:
> 1- A while ago, I reported a bug, since I updated there has been an
> improvement, I like to think someone out there listened to my feedback. I
> like to use two screens. I connect another screen to my laptopit. If I
> place the screens side-by-side (virtually) then all is good, but if I place
> the extra screen on top, it behaves in the following way:
>    a- If I start the system while the screen is connected it sees it as
> side-by-side and not on top and I get a blank screen. I have to unplug it
> and wait a bit until the main screen appears then plug again.
>   b- I can drag panes into the top screen now (something I couldn't a
> while ago) but I cannot maximize them there, and they seem to be stuck to
> the right side of the screen, as if there is a barrier on the middle of the
> screen they cannot cross!!!!!
>
> 2- I installed the driver (rpm) for my Brother MFC-j415w multifunction
> printer. when I try to print anything, I immediately get a message at the
> bottom of the screen saying "Printing: untitled 1 has been
> canceled".....why, oh why!!!!
>

> thank you guys
>
> P.S: I am using Fedora 19, on Acer Aspire 5750G, i7, 64bit, 8GB ram
>
> Mohammad Hajarat
> P.O.Box 789, Gosford, NSW 2250
> Australia

Kind Regards,