[ANZ] mp3, video files

Mohammad Hajarat m.hajarat at lycos.com
Sun Feb 2 22:59:29 UTC 2014

Good day Fedora users;
 Can someone please help me out. I have just installed Fedora 20. I did have a play with Fedora 19 before, was bit daunted by the fact that you need to build everything (sort of) from scratch) but I felt Fedora is really stable, gets good reviews so decided to give it another chance in my effort to dump windows.

problem I am facing now is playing mp3 and video files. in Fedora 19, I added a repo of some sort I found on line that did the magic. It didn't seem to work on Fedora 20. I cannot play video files, I cannot play my mp3 (not on Amarok, Rhythmbox, or anything)

1- Can someone tell me what to do to play mp3, and video files on Fedora 20? Please something tested on Fedora 20, not previous versions if possible.
2- I would like to use Evolution for emailing. I downloaded it, and all I ended up with is an archive, I extracted it, so now what? how do I install it?

thank you
Mohammad Hajarat
P.O.Box 789, Gosford, NSW 2250
Australia