[fedora-arm] Re: [RFC] new fedora ARM cross toolchain RPMS available

Lennert Buytenhek buytenh at wantstofly.org
Sun Aug 26 23:21:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 11:53:37PM +0200, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

> I've made a new set of fedora ARM cross toolchain RPMS available at:
>
> 	http://www.wantstofly.org/~buytenh/cross/
>
> These RPMS are built from vanilla Fedora sources, with only packaging
> (.spec) changes.  The goal is to produce a complete cross toolchain
> that is as close as possible to a native Fedora toolchain, and usable
> to cross-build Fedora packages with which are fully binary compatible
> with natively built packages, with as little source/packaging changes
> to the package as possible.

I've made a new version (cross1) available.

Changes relative to the previous version (cross0):

- Added a cross-gdb package.  Lightly tested, seems to be able to
  read ARM core dump files OK, as well as connect to gdbserver and
  single-step through a simple program with source-level debugging.

  To install, type "yum install armv5tel-redhat-linux-gnueabi-gdb".

- Ship packages for libgcc, libgomp, libmudflap, etc.  This will
  eventually reduce dependence on target libraries.

Since I've moved the packages into a subdirectory, please re-download
cross.repo.