[fedora-arm] Re: Fedora 8/ARM available

Rabeeh Khoury rabeeh at marvell.com
Thu Jan 17 17:01:25 UTC 2008

> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 15:46 +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> >
> > Cool!  Is there any place that documents the changes necessary for
> > 2.3 so that we can also provide a (separate) set of 2.3 rpms for F8?
>
> Should in theory just be
>
> http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/patches/workspace.armoabiport01.patch
> +
> http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/patches/workspace.armeabi01.patch
>
> Though if OOo fails to register components or start up then you
> might need to make additional changes to some makefile.mks that
> reference "VERSIONMAP" to reuse the i386 map files for arm, all of
> which was fixed up for 2.4. I don't remember if its strictly necessary
> to fix that in 2.3 or not.

[RKh] I'v just tried installing the RPM packages; at the beginning it didn't work well until I noticed that the binaries generates lots of unaligned accesses.
ARM kernel I'm using doesn't fix that for the user-space by default; so after 'echo 3 > /proc/cpu/alignment' and running soffice and importing a Microsoft word doc I got the following amount of exceptions -

-bash-3.2# cat /proc/cpu/alignment
User:           125929
System:         0
Skipped:        0
Half:           27982
Word:           21780
DWord:          74940
Multi:          0
User faults:    3 (fixup+warn)

Any idea where those unaligned accesses are coming from? Any idea if this can be fixed too?