[fedora-arm] SheevaPlug / Fedora 12

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Mon Dec 20 14:58:32 UTC 2010

Quoting Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net>:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> writes:
>>
>>> That would imply that the kernel acquired from here:
>>> http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/arm/fedora/platforms/sheevaplug/uImage-2.6.30-sheevaplug
>>
>> I've always acquired by Sheeva kernels from:
>>
>>   http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/
>>
>> The directions on the wiki works great, and my Sheeva is happily running
>> off an SD card.
>
> Thanks, I'll check those out. Perhaps that link should be on the wiki?
> I'm just hoping the recent kernels there have ramzswap modules built
> (Sheeva CPU is more than fast enough, but swapping to SD would be quite
> painful).
>
> On a related subject - perhaps some kernel rpm packages would be useful?

It might be useful, just a lot of different ones.

You can just roll your own. If you download the linux kernel source.
There is a marvell/sheeva default config already there.

It took about an hour to compile using the default kernel/fs that
shipped with the guruplug both usb/esata external drives using ext4
and 50 minutes using nfs3 (to an xfs host, and nosync) which to me
still doesn't seem quite right but entirely possible.

I need to replace the kernel and try again. :) There have been some
fairly big changes in the block layer code since 2.6.34 kernel and get
nfs4 support working.