[fedora-arm] ARMv7 rootfs/repository?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 14:38:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Andrew Burgess <aab at cichlid.com> wrote:
> On 12/23/2010 01:11:18 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
>> > are you sure the fp arg style is a kernel issue?
>> > are there system calls that take floats (not in structs or arrays
>> > but as a single argument)?
>>
>> From all the documentation about it seems so. You need to remember
>> there's a lot of mainline distros (and I'm not talking about small
>> embedded ones) looking to move to arm7 + hardfp but none that have yet
>> done so. There's lots of notes and people that have done customer
>> recompiles etc for testing and eval purposes but none that have
>> actually done it yet across the entire mainline distro to run
>> everything from apache to gnome.
>
> I guess I'm determined to learn all the dirty details here :-)
> Do you know of better places to research this than the fedora-arm
> list archives?

Google? :-P

But from some of the links that I've found or people have pointed out
on #fedora-arm

http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatTodo
http://cygwin.com/ml/libc-ports/2009-04/msg00020.html
http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-dpkg/395698-armelfp-new-architecture-name-armel-variant.html

There's also some details on both the MeeGo and Linaro wiki's that
cover the direction that Ubuntu and MeeGo are taking.