[fedora-arm] Prelink progress / solved

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Mar 20 14:21:07 UTC 2010

On 03/20/10 10:58, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

> So this doesn't seem to be any prelink issue, the libs are not tagged
> right themselves by ld if I understood it as being the
> position-independent libs they should be.
>
> Further, I checked libstdc++ and libxml++ on my x86_64 box with the same
> objdump test, TEXTREL is absent.

Ah these two problems are gone in current F12, I uplevelled my rootfs
from F11 and prelink works fine.

If you want to try it you can get the package

http://rpm.txtr.com/f11/txtr-a/devel/RPMS/armv5tel/prelink-20100106-8_gmaster_9bb3a224.fc11.armv5tel.rpm

( and source here

  http://rpm.txtr.com/f11/txtr-a/devel/SRPMS/prelink-
20100106-8_gmaster_9bb3a224.fc11.src.rpm )

It was built on F11 basis but works fine on F12.

Very nice speedup ;-)

If the tests don't get fixed, I would humbly suggest using %ifarch to
null them out for now so it can be in normal Fedora.

-Andy