[fedora-arm] Flashing Fedora-12 onto a SheevaPlug?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 22 14:36:13 UTC 2010

Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net> writes:

> tor 2010-11-18 klockan 21:58 -0500 skrev Derek Atkins:
>
>> Luckily my sheeva is still running its original config.  uboot is
>> working (albeit with the default version):
>
> If you have uboot working and access to it then reflashing is better
> done from there than using JTAG.

Thanks.  I've come to that realization and once I test the process I'll
update the wiki appropriately.

> You can use uboot to load the content to be flashed using either TFTP
> over network or USB stick.

Nowhere on the wiki does it really give a full set of instructions for
how to do this.  I THINK I've found some relevant instructions; once I
run through them and test that they work I'll update the wiki with new
instructions so the next user can have an easier time.

One note is that mkfs.ubifs isn't available in FC12 or 13; only in 14 is
it available again.  So one needs to backport the mtd-utils package in
order to build a UbiFS image.  I'll be sure to document this, too, once
it's all tested.

Thanks!

> Regards
> Henrik