[fedora-arm] Augen {smart|net}book creation ... can it run Fedora ARM?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Sep 16 08:30:06 UTC 2010

tor 2010-09-16 klockan 07:53 +0100 skrev pbrobinson at gmail.com:

> I've been meaning to ask similar questions about the Tegra 2 ARM A9
> processor from Nvidia. I presume they use their own GPU technology so
> while they're not open source GPU kernel drivers generally I wondered
> whether nouveau would work. There's a couple of tegra2 devices like
> the Toshiba AC100 and the Samsung Galaxy appearing in the UK.

Tegra2 looks promising.

http://soltesza.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/tegra-2-supports-ubuntu-linux/

http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra/

nvidia there even mentions Fedora as a unofficially supported target.

but also depends a bit on if the specific vendor have locked down the
bootloader or not. If bootloader is locked then the barrier is a little
higher. Hopefully they see no need of locking the bootloader in devices
like this however.

Regards
Henrik