[fedora-arm] [F15] NFS boot [howto]

Jeffrey Bastian jbastian at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 14:16:49 UTC 2011

On 2011-07-30 13:18, Zoran Pericic wrote:
> I compiled kernel with smsc mac address patch because pandaboard choose
> random address on every boot. But you are free to use any kernel rpm
> which best suite your needs.

This patch isn't needed anymore.  The latest kernels only generate a
random MAC address once on boot which allows you to manually set the MAC
address with this line in your ifcfg-eth0(*) file:
   MACADDR=01:02:03:04:05:06

* It's eth0 now with 2.6.39, not usb0

More info at:

http://jeffbastian.blogspot.com/2011/07/persistent-mac-address-on-pandaboard.html

(Also, I need to update my blog post: apparently Ubuntu has a different
patch that generates a mostly-unique MAC address based on the board's
die id.)

Jeff