[fedora-arm] Fedora 15 on ARM status update

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:26:51 UTC 2011

HI All,

To document this before I forget.

In the brief meeting we discussed the current status of F-15 on ARM
for both armv5tel and armv7hl (ie soft and hard float). The current
status in rough order of dependency requirements is as follows:

1) patches and fixes required to rpm / yum / mock / koji [1]. We need
to get fixes in for these so that we can build hardfp in the usual
Fedora build method. dgilmore has patches for some of these and has
said he'll file bugs for all components and reply to this mail with
the details so that its all documented and other people can follow up
so he doesn't block esp with his other release manager hat on.

2) build all packages required for a koji builder in mock from the
same srpms plus deps in mock and create appropriate repos
2.1) hardfp (armv7hl)
2.2) softfp (armv5tel)

3) koji rootfs for both armv7 and armv5 based on the mock packages

4) seneca to configure new devices or reconfigure existing build farm
for both hardfp and softfp builders

5) rebuild package set from 2 entirely in koji

6) rebuild F-15..

there's parts of both 1 and 2 complete but in particular we need to
get all the bits from 1 upstream.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/koji/ticket/215