[fedora-arm] Building RHEL/Fedora Kernels on ARM

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Thu Dec 22 16:52:15 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 04:42 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 14:56 +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build a RHEL6 kernel from src.rpm on ARM and I think I
>> have it mostly sorted out, but it looks like the modules aren't getting
>> signed and since they weren't signed from<module>.ko.unsigned
>> <module>.ko the packaging part can't find the .ko files and the process
>> fails at the end.
>
> Module signing is fun since you need not only the rngd but gpg and a few
> other bits.

Sure, I know that - I have both of those working.

> Having said that, I thought it was supposed to disable if it
> didn't find those bits. It's been a while, I can look. Please send the
> whole log as well, since that's really the only way to ponder.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will attach the full log once the latest
build attempt has completed (I removed the -s from the make lines to be
able to better connect the errors/warnings with their causes).

> Separately, let me (politely! I mean this very nicely, since I know you
> have only the best of intentions here!) remind you that this is not a
> "RHEL6" kernel. There is no RHEL for ARM. Thanks :)

I apologize if this confused anyone - perhaps I should have said
something more along the lines of:
"a kernel based on kernel-2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.src.rpm"
(also got the same problem with kernel-2.6.32-220.el6.src.rpm)

Is that better? :)

Gordan