[fedora-arm] Activity Day June 10th - ARMv7 F15 hardfp bringup

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Sat Jun 4 06:22:09 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

We're planning to have an "activity day" of sorts on this coming Friday,
the purpose of which is to sync up and co-ordinate the various efforts
to achieve working ARMv7 hardfloat support for Fedora 15 bringup. The
venue is #fedora-arm, and also using a dialin number (to be provided)
for those who want to discuss topics over the phone.

I believe most of us are geographically located in the US, so I am
suggesting we could begin about 10:00EDT, which is 14:00UTC. Here's an
initial agenda that I think covers some of the important stuff:

1. discuss requirements/sync up on build flags
2. current status of works in progress (DJ/Dennis/Seneca(?)?)
3. minimal dependency discussion for F15 (xdeb-graph equiv. needed)
4. plan for building/co-ordinating builds (host bits at Seneca?)
5. get stuff building (spend most time building/fixing packages)
6. status before end of day
7. plan for followup

My assumption is that we'll consolidate the various activities begun so
far, establish a plan for ongoing dialog, and hopefully decide on a way
to host builds (pre-Koji) and so forth in a public Seneca environment.
Chris seems quite amenable to allowing machines to be used to build
bits, and I think I would like that in general if we can do so (perhaps
setup a staging mount where people can build packages and poke at bits?)

The main outcome I'm looking for is that we don't have stuff happening
in different silos, know what everyone else is working on, etc.

Jon.