[fedora-arm] F15 package dependency graph

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 4 13:54:40 UTC 2011

Jon Masters <jcm at redhat.com> writes:

> Folks,
>
> I would like to see us have alternatives to the Debian xdeb-graph type
> tools where we can visualize minimal dependencies for bootstrapping. I
> believe there are several scripts floating around, and that styrene
> might be able to provide some of what we're looking for...Jon?
>
> Failing that, what other options do we have to get away from just
> looking at the minimal buildroot package lists, etc.?

Couldn't one write a python script based around yum to generate this
dependency list?  Obviously you need to seed the list of known packages
(filesystem, basesystem, bash, etc) but you could easily create a list
of dependencies from the yum repos, no?

> Jon.

-derek