[fedora-arm] F15 package dependency graph

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Sat Jun 4 22:16:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-04 at 23:07 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Jon Masters <jcm at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I would like to see us have alternatives to the Debian xdeb-graph type
> > tools where we can visualize minimal dependencies for bootstrapping. I
> > believe there are several scripts floating around, and that styrene
> > might be able to provide some of what we're looking for...Jon?
> >
> > Failing that, what other options do we have to get away from just
> > looking at the minimal buildroot package lists, etc.?
>
> At the moment there isn't much but I know  the Seneca are currently
> working on a tool to do this. Maybe they can come and discuss it on
> the list (hint hint!).

I mentioned styrene already, and they're going to :) I'm just impatient
(joke), or rather, keen that we all share what we do have/know so that
we can build up a variety of useful data ahead of Friday's hackathon.
One of the guys here (DJ) who did a minimally bootable F15 hardfp image
already (but only containing a small number of cross-built packages and
a static dev) has some things that will be posted on the list soon too
to help. Anyone else who has any useful bootstrap data, please share.

Jon.