[fedora-arm] F15 package dependency graph

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Jun 5 13:58:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, Peter Robinson wrote:

> When I've asked about build ordering in the past I've got the response
> in that there isn't any (not answering for dennis here) and they
> basically build the core required bits and then set off the mass
> rebuild. The scripts they've used in the past are in the host-eng trac
> git so that should give you some more details.

It is not required to build order, as you'll be doing it all a
couple times on progressive 'fruit' passes, from successive
boot-strapping passes, to make sure self-hosting exists.
That said, getting gcc, glibc, rpm python and the kernel, and
the minimal parts needed to boostrap into an install image are
the first order of business, and will avoid the need for
re-submissions and wasted attempts [knowing BR's permts
computation of an efficient , rather than 'random walk' build
sequencing]

Then add decoration of needed developer tools; then add end
leaf nodes to taste, solving intermediate build requirements
as well then

-- Russ herrold