[fedora-arm] Fedora 13 ARM Beta3 Release

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 17:08:45 UTC 2011

On 05/16/2011 03:11 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 05/16/2011 03:04 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

>>> Sure.  What is the problem here?  It just doesn't build?
>>>
>>> Andrew.
>> looks like lucene is missing.
>>
>> lucene failed to build
>> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=93642  there seems to
>> be an issue with aot compiling the rpms. getting an unresolved symbol after
>> successfully building things.

I have found two fatal bugs.

The first one is that
/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-redhat-linux-gnueabi/4.4.4/libgcc_s.so should be
a linker script: instead it's a symlink.  This caused most
gcj-compiled packages to fail to link.  I have a fixed gcc RPM.

The linker script should look like this:

/* GNU ld script
   Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
   the static library.  */
GROUP ( /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc.a )

Secondly, locks do not work at all in gcj.  This means that any
program using more than one thread will eventually crash.

Fixed by this patch:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2009-q3/msg00069.html

(It's only the change to sysdep/arm/locks.h that we need.)

Andrew.