[fedora-arm] F13 boot frozen on QEMU-ARM

Michael Hope michael.hope at linaro.org
Fri Jun 10 02:36:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM,  <omalleys at msu.edu> wrote:
> Quoting Michael Hope <michael.hope at linaro.org>:
>> You might want to try qemu-trunk or qemu-linaro.
>
> Are you getting OMAP to work on qemu? If so how? I don't think I tried OMAP,
> but I tried several combo's that didn't work. (I was tyring to give it more
> ram to speed it up..)

Linaro supports the OMAP3 BeagleBoard, BeagleBoard XM, and (soon
enough) Overo QEMU models.  I'm afraid I haven't tried Fedora 13
recently but had a go three months ago with the versatilepb model:
 http://seabright.co.nz/2011/03/01/running-the-fedora-arm-beta-on-qemu-linaro/

The XM has 512 MB of RAM, which is nice.  Peter is looking at fixing
the OMAP3 USB support to bring back minor things like the keyboard and
mouse :)

These should end up in upstream QEMU in short order.

-- Michael