[fedora-arm] Hardware Crypto Offload on i.MX515 (Efika)

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue May 24 10:51:34 UTC 2011

Just looking at the specsheet of the Freescale i.MX515, and this jumped
out at me:

Symmetric/Asymmetric Hashing and Random Accelerator (SAHARA) Lite is a
cryptographic acceleration engine security co-processor

Implements:
     * Block encryption algorithms (AES, DES, and 3DES)
     * Hashing algorithms (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-224, and SHA-256)
     * Stream cipher algorithm (ARC4)
     * True hardware random number generator (TRNG)

Does anybody know at what kernel version the support for this was added
(if it has already been added)?

And since I know the Genesi guys read this list, does the Kernel+OpenSSL
combo that comes with Efika have this enabled as standard? (I lent my
smartbook to somebody for a few days hence why I'm asking rather than
just checking - I thought I'd get a head start on trying to get this
working in the same way as it does on the Kirkwood (SheevaPlug).

I also notice there is this in the i.MX515:
Security Controller (SCC) type 2
     * AES engine
     * Secure/Non-Secure RAM
     * Support for multiple keys and TZ/non-TZ separation

Does this mean there are two independent AES crypto co-processors in
there? What about kernel support?

Gordan