[fedora-arm] VFAD Monday for armv5tel/armv7hl reconcilliation and prep for koji startup

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Tue Nov 15 10:36:32 UTC 2011

Jon Masters píše v Út 15. 11. 2011 v 04:56 -0500:
> Chris,
>
> Thanks for organizing this yesterday. To add to your list of topics,
> Peter and I discussed the plan for getting to rawhide. He wants to drive
> this, and that's cool with me. The intention is that as soon as it is
> possible to begin doing builds, we should begin that activity in
> parallel. So if we can get Koji going this week, great, and once there
> is enough built to get rawhide going, that doesn't need to wait.

I think there is a problem with parallel runs of koji-shadow for eg. f15
and rawhide when the "--prefer-new" option (uses the latest available
N-V-Rs in buildroot for secondary build instead of exact ones from the
primary build) is used. I've had the situation I'll describe below in my
head for a while and it happened on s390 right now so IMHO it's real.
When there would be an exact match between the buildroots everything
would be OK.

The problem is that you can get a build for eg. f16 (because it was used
in a buildroot of some dependent build) built with buildroot set from
rawhide/f17 packages making it incompatible with the real f16. And a
later build with f16 buildroot (which will be queued because it doesn't
exist under the f16 tag) will fail because N-V-R must be unique.

The example is the "jd" package
(http://s390.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=80276 and
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=2157 in primary
koji) and as you can see there are *.fc17 packages in the buildroot. The
result is also tagged as f17.

Hopefully I haven't mixed the things too much and I'm not completely
wrong.

Dan