[fedora-arm] Koji status update

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 02:55:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 21:48 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 15:03 -0800, Brendan Conoboy wrote:

> > > - we've pruned the package sets back to the same core
>
> I think this is straightforward. We include in the repos only the build
> requirements to build a buildroot and start with that. Do some closure
> tests on that set and make sure the same packages exist for v5 and v7. I
> suspect someone could turn that around tomorrow.

Rewording this to make more sense, what I mean is:

1). Establish correctly named mirrors in Seneca of the arm and armhfp
form, in which the exact same packages are present in both. Initially
form this simply by removing packages not in both v5 and v7 now. That
ought to be fairly simply (DJ's script output can help there).

2). With all of those packages possibly available, start by building
only a buildroot and its deps. If that works, it's a great achievement.
I would ideally like us to reach this point before US Thanksgiving takes
a bunch of us offline this time next week. I think it's doable.

Jon.