[fedora-arm] Slow USB storage on A9 processors

David A. Marlin dmarlin at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 17:48:50 UTC 2011

Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I know it was discussed a while ago how the USB storage on PandaBoards
> was slow, not sure what the resolution was but saw this article on LWN
> that looks like our problem there for those that might not have seen
> the post elsewhere and are interested.
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/457145/

I have built a kernel package for f13 and f15 using Mark's patches.
They are available from the xpfa repos.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/Fedora_ARM_Kernels#Set_Up_the_Repository

The f15 repo can be set up just like the f13 version by using f15 in the
path, i.e.:

  sudo yum --nogpgcheck install \

http://dmarlin.fedorapeople.org/packages/FedoraArm/RPMS/noarch/xpfa-15-1.noarch.rpm

If you install (or update) and configure the f15 grubby
(grubby-7.0.16-5.01.fc15.armv7hl.rpm) it will create the U-Boot images
for you (as per the instructions mentioned above).

Notes:
  If you use grubby, be sure to configure /etc/sysconfig/uboot _before_
installing the kernel.
  This version of grubby has only been tested on a Panda board (omap)
and on the Trim Slice (tegra).
  Be sure to install the correct kernel variant for your system, i.e.:
     sudo yum --enablerepo=xpfa install kernel-omap        # for Panda
     sudo yum --enablerepo=xpfa install kernel-tegra         # for Trim
Slice

d.marlin
========