[fedora-arm] Anyone Out There Willing To Test A GUI Version Of Anaconda For Me?

Mark Langsdorf mark.langsdorf at calxeda.com
Mon Apr 9 15:28:43 UTC 2012

On 04/08/2012 06:47 PM, Jon Chiappetta wrote:
> Can someone with a spare F17 (ARMv5 or ARMv7) machine, a network
> connection, and some sort of GUI capability try installing this package
> of Anaconda?
> I can't promise any of this will work or even run but I'd be interested
> in hearing any success or failure test runs/cases.
> The only system I could run this on at work is a Guru with F17 ARMv5 in
> text-mode which Anaconda sets to not show the package selection screen/part.

This fails for me. Specifically:
* it does not come up in graphics mode, text-mode only. I'm running on a
versatile express via `ssh -X`. That works well enough for gitk but not
gedit so there may be errors on my end.
* During package selection, it looks like it can't find the "Core"
group. This raises various python exceptions until the program exits,
rebooting my system in the process.

--Mark Langsdorf
Calxeda, Inc.