[fedora-arm] FYI: New OCaml ARM code generator

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 12:26:11 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> [Just to clarify my previous email, the ARM work was done upstream by
> Benedikt Meurer of the University of Siegen.  I'm merely backporting
> that work to Fedora.]
>
> I've now updated the OCaml compiler (ocaml) and ocaml-findlib packages.
>
> The other packages will need to be recompiled, and I'm working my way
> through them.  Unfortunately (but perhaps not surprisingly) if you mix
> code compiled with the old and new compiler, it doesn't work.
>
> If you want to use the new compiler, just install ocaml >= 3.12.1-3.

You've done it all wrong. You've built packages in F-18 on mainline
and then built those packages on F-17 on ARM without them in F-17
mainline. The packages built on ARM _MUST_ be identical to those
packages on mainline. Please resolve this and please in the future let
koji deal with it. Let me know once it's all cleaned up or if you need
assistance in cleaning it up. If you're going to bump builds please do
it on the mainline using the usual process and let koji-shadow
properly deal with building packages on ARM.

Regards,