[fedora-arm] Kernel rebases

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 23:03:06 UTC 2012

Hey Josh,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Just a quick update on kernel rebases.
>
> Justin rebased Rawhide to the 3.6 merge window git tree last week and
> I'm continuing on with that until the merge window closes.  Then we'll
> pick up the RC kernels throughout, as usual.  If there is a feature or
> option you have been waiting for in 3.6, now is the time to speak up
> and make sure it's set as you want.

I've been looking at that already, some of the platforms are broken at
the moment unfortunately but I think the config options seem to be OK
at the mometn

> F17 was rebased to the 3.5 kernel last week as well.  The initial builds
> are done and submitted to updates-testing today.  F16 will likely follow
> suit after 3.5.1 is out.

Yes, I've seen that.

> For both Rawhide and F17, the ARM configs could use some serious looking
> at.  We continue to have a lot of config options pop up when we do
> stable rebases.  Getting them set in Rawhide during the merge window
> kernels is going to be the best bet to ensure things are working as
> expected.

For rawhide we did seriously look at the ARM configs and you'll notice
they are significantly different from what is currently in F-17. I
would like some further feedback and suggestions as to how they could
be improved.

In terms of setting the config options for 3.5 there were set in
rawhide and had 3.5 kernels compiling through out the entire process.
Is there a process in how those options get merged back to stable
releases? Is that something I should be handling? Again would like
some details as to how I can improve the process to make it easier for
you there as well.