[fedora-arm] Anyone working on Mele A1000 or Allwinner A10 CPU?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:12:11 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Steven A. Falco <safalco at optonline.net> wrote:
> I've picked up a Mele A1000 set top, which uses the Allwinner A10 CPU.
> I don't see a Fedora port for this one yet, so I might take a shot at
> it.  But first I wanted to ask if anyone else has already started this?
>
> The CPU is a Cortex A8, and there is an Ubuntu port, as well as its
> native Android OS.

None of the A10 kernel source code is upstream. It's something I would
like to support at some point in time as there's a lot of cheap and
interesting devices coming out with the chip from Netbook form factor
through to stick PCs. It should be doable as it's only kernel stuff
that's needed and it should run fine with the standard hardfp builds
but your milarge may vary.