[fedora-arm] Pkg Build Times Comparions Redo

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 15:01:23 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Jon Chiappetta
<Jon.Chiappetta at senecacollege.ca> wrote:
> Thanks to Peter for pointing out that the previous times I had were overall
> task times and not actual buildarch times so I re-wrote my script to gather
> that data instead. Basically the script just adds/sums up the time it took
> for each arch so (i686 + x86_64) and (armv5 + armv7) and compares/totals
> them up.

Can I suggest you compare the two and take the longest build. The
different arches are built in parallel so adding them both together
isn't really a good reflection of the build time. Also I suggest
discarding anything built by a guru or smarttop as again they're not a
reflection of what the ultimate HW will be for building.

If indeed my numbers are correct this time, it looks like we took
> an extra 32 days or about a months worth to complete? Keep in mind these
> times also include our slowest builders, where in which if you assumed a
> build farm composed of only our biggest/best machines, it'd probably be a
> lot faster (Brendan was recommending I filter out the slow ones). You can
> verify the task times by clicking on the links in the page below:

Yep, hence the suggestion to discard the other ones and maybe take the
other build time for the said package.

The above said it's looking good and we're getting there. We're
certainly not an extra month behind mainline.