[fedora-arm] Nexus 7

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Jul 3 14:23:41 UTC 2012

> I know we don't support tablets.  That's been pretty comprehensively
> covered on the list already, eg:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/arm/2012-April/003107.html
>
> But!  Suddenly a tablet appears which is both much cheaper and (in
> some respects) far more powerful than the Trim Slices and BeagleBoards
> that we do support.
>
> Is it possible to support Tegra2/3 tablets, at least in a headless
> configuration until there are graphics drivers?

Is there any particular reason why you cannot do something like:
1) root the device
2) dump the rootfs in a subdirectory
3) chroot /sbin/init
?

Assuming you enabled sshd, you should at that point be able to ssh into
the tablet. Or is there something in the Android kernel patches that
stops this approach?

Gordan