[fedora-arm] Slow USB storage on A9 processors

Jeffrey Bastian jbastian at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 20:01:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 06:07:52AM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 12:36 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
> > I know it was discussed a while ago how the USB storage on PandaBoards
> > was slow, not sure what the resolution was but saw this article on LWN
> > that looks like our problem there for those that might not have seen
> > the post elsewhere and are interested.
> >
> > https://lwn.net/Articles/457145/
>
> For the record, I've raised this directly with ARM and connected a few
> folks who should be talking together. Mark is going to throw some time
> at tracking this down as he has been doing - thanks for that Mark!

Out of curiosity, I'm resurrecting this old thread: how was the slow
storage problem resolved?  (I assume it was resolved because storage
speeds on Fedora 17 on my Pandaboard are nice and fast.)

I don't see Mark Salter's patches in the kernel, though.

Émeric Vigier mentioned (in a private email) that this may have been
resolved with this patch for PL310 erratum 769419:
  https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/7/393

Was this ^^ patch the final solution?  I *do* see this change in the
Fedora kernel sources.

Jeff